39th Annual ECONOMIC CLUB Essay Contest co-sponsored by GVSU-SEIDMAN COLLEGE OF BUSINESS
2017 CONTEST RULES:
For all area high schoolers – Essays are accepted until 12 noon, February 1, 2017, by emailing the entry to: essay
Topic: “Social Media: How Does it Help or Hinder Ethical Leadership?“
1st Place - $2,000 + $500 gift card*
2nd Place - $1,000 + $500 gift card*
3rd Place – $500 + $500 gift card*
4th Place $250 Each (10 Winners)
*Choose Educational Technology of your choice with a $500 Gift Card.
At the end of March 2017, the students chosen will receive an invitation to The Economic Club of Grand Rapids Awards Luncheon. The winners will be announced at the luncheon on April 17, 2017 at the JW Marriott. The students, their parents and teacher representatives will be invited to attend.
The Economic Club of Grand Rapids shall have full and exclusive publication rights to the winning essays for six months following the awards luncheon.
1. Students enrolled in high school may submit one original essay
2. Essays must be emailed to The Economic Club at: email@example.com by requested date.
3. Each entry is required to have a title page containing name, email address and mailing address of the entrant, the high school and instructor name
4. Send entry as word type format. NO PDFs.
* PLEASE DO NOT PUT NAMES ON THE TEXT PAGES.
1. Essays should be between 1500 and 2500 words and in MLA format.
2. Originality with essays not being previously published.
3. Grasp of the subject, effectiveness of focus and organization.
4. Spelling, grammar, punctuation and sentence structure correctness.
5. Students are encouraged to use a variety of sources and are required to include a Bibliography with at least 3 sources with proper acknowledgement.
* Judges and readers represent a cross section of the community. Entrants’ name will not be affixed to the material during judging.